Note: I have stopped developing this plugin. However Dominik Reichl has created a version that is compatible with KeePass 2.17 for those of you who would like to use it anyway. No bugs have been fixed and I haven’t tested it. You have to see for yourself if it runs without problems.
QuickSearch is a search plugin for KeePass Password Safe v2. It can be used as a replacement for the built-in QuickFind toolbar control.
- search as you type aka instant search or incremental search
- match anywhere
- quick access to search settings
separate character strings by whitespace. A password entry is a match if all strings occur within a single one of its fields regardless of their position in the field.
Warning: If you search in fields that have in-memory-protection they will get decrypted and thereby stay unencrypted in memory for a while.
- delete QuickSearch.dll
- delete QuickSearch.config
- While QuickSearch has focus changes to your database (add/remove/modify entries) won’t be regarded until it has regained focus.
- The DropDown of the toolbar control has no purpose.
QuickSearch 2.14 b0.0.0.2 (18 KB) 2011-01-14
Source code (20 KB)
For KeePass 2.17 sent to me by Dominik Reichl:
QuickSearch 2.17 (18 KB)
Source code (24 KB)